- Nacho (Chihuahua) – Rescued in 2012 from the Streets of Richmond, VA as a small puppy by a good friend of mine, Leonard.
- Velvet (Chihuahua/Jack Russell) – Rescued in 2014 from my good friend Teeg in Philly.
- Scrappy (Yorkie-Poo) – Rescued in 2015 from my cousin, Shenea, in Philly.
- Angel (Yorkie) – Rescued in 2015 from a guy I met named Robby in Philly.
- Shadow (Pit Bull Mix) – Rescued in 2015 along with Angel (the yorkie) .
<Inside Shaman Shawn’s Head>
As I was writing this post the word “Rescued” just wasn’t sitting right with my spirit and so I went to do some research.
I began questioning, What is the definition of Rescued?
Marriam- Webster says:
Rescue (transitive verb)
: to save (someone or something) from danger or harm
So come to think about it, I cant really say that I “Rescued” them due to the fact that, they were not in danger or harm before being given to me.
</Inside Shaman Shawn’s Head>
I think it would be more appropriate to say that they were “Rehomed” opposed to “Rescued”. Life’s situations made it so that the owners no longer had the time, space, resources, etc to properly care for the dogs. Thus, I took them in.
Yes I have 5 dogs in my home! .. lol
I only truly wanted 3-4 and so if anyone is interest in adopting 1 or 2 of them. I wouldn’t mind having a conversation about it.
(Contact Me or Comment Below)